Steve,
I believe that it *is* an activation group issue.
I have seen this same effect when running jobs with programs in activation
groups.
Ex. Job A runs pgm P using activation group XXX. pgm P calls pgm R. Pgm R
uses activation group *CALLER (this uses activation group XXX) and issues
an OVRDBF command. The default scope of the OVRDBF is *ACTGRPDFN which
limits it to the current activation. When you use the DSPJOB command, you
are in the activation group for the JOB which is the DEFAULT ACTIVATION
group. Your override in in activation group XXX, so you do not see it.
It would be nice if IBM gave us the option to specify the activation group
for the display override in the DSP/WRKJOB command, but they have not done
it yet, so I doubt that they will.

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Steve Richter via MIDRANGE-L <