I've not encountered any issues with the 'random port grab'. Have you seen it take a port from another service? When I have looked at this in the past and I just reviewed them again the ports seem to be on the loopback interface only. Some of the ADMINx jobs communicate with each other that way.

I do agree that an auto refresh option would be a great addition. The HMC does it well so you'd think they could 'borrow' some code from there or at least a technique that works.

I am using FF 29 and that stores the exception no issue. Scrolling is zippy fast as well. Your issue 'smells' perhaps of an AV product that is attempting to keep your browsing safe, just a hunch.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com