odd networking request for power i

fixed

Old cust called - they have been bought by another company.
Local Power i (A) has a 10.10.10.x network (very small)
New company - SAP -(B) a 10.3.x.x network.
They added some pc's and printers with 10.3.x.x addresses at site A to communicate with site B.
They added a line description for 2nd ethernet card and gave it a 172.16.x.x address.
added a route in system (A) that all 10.3.x.x is through the gateway router (172.16.x.x) w/preferred interfaceof 2nd eth line.
.

Now the request is for system A to allow printing to 10.3.x.x printers at site A.
Ping gets no answer (I assume due to routing statement)

They set up a host name for printers, and tried defining local printer with host name - no ping.

Called me.. their network people said we "should" be able to print to the local lan printer (with non-local address...)
Are there any options?
Printers not capable of 2nd address.
Jim