Working with Virtual Optical objects in the IFS, and need to change security (ownership, group, auth list, remove private authorities)
to new objects (new sub-directories under /virtual, and new files).
One option is to journal the parent directory.
One option is to use Audit journal (like easy400 MONIFS)
looking for near immediate update, and want to avoid the overhead of constant changes at the top with subtree(*all) option.
It's taking 5 commands ( chgown, chgpgp, chgaut for autl, chgaut for *public, chgaut to revoke private authorities)

Some of the create commands for these objects do not have auth parameters...
at any time apps can add new files to any catlogxx directory, or add a new catlogxx directory plus new files
/virtual
/virtual/catlog01
/virtual/catlog01/OAJ041.stmf
/virtual/catlog01/OAJ042.stmf
... 100 or more
/virtual/catlog01/QIMGCLG.stmf

/virtual/catlog02
/virtual/catlog02/OAJ141.stmf
/virtual/catlog02/OAJ142.stmf
... 100 or more
/virtual/catlog02/QIMGCLG.stmf

/virtual/catlog03
... many more

What works best? If I journal the top directory, do I get a record for a new file in a sub-directory?

Jim Franz