As far as I can tell, IWS goes back to January 2008 - article by TP Morgan of IT Jungle -

IWS website -

I think V5R4 was the earliest, and it is a part of the HTTP group PTF. C

Check out the site for articles and support stuff and all that.

Nothing about Tomcat here - someone else will need to take that on.

And this should probably be in the WEB400 list.