One card from your Power 8 box to your Brocade FC switch.
One cable from each drive to your Brocade FC switch.
Total of only 5 ports on a switch. Switches sometimes charge hundreds per
You map the one port from the Power 8 box to all four drives.

Add a new lpar. Doesn't require a new SAN port or card (or open port on
existing card).

Spun up a new Power box with four lpars of IBM i in our Kendallville
office. Only took one port on our switch. Can still back up multiple
lpars at once.