We recently went on to V7R1 and some users are having issues mapping drives. I see that some users are mapped as type "guest" and some as type "user".

We are thinking this is causing permission issues.

Where did this type "guest" come from and how would it impact permissions?

Jerry

Guest user profiles

i5/OS® NetServer™ supports guest user profiles, also known as an anonymous user profile.
The i5/OS operating system can automatically map an unknown user to the guest user profile if you specify a guest user profile. Your network administrator can specify and change the guest user profile that
i5/OS NetServer uses if necessary on the
i5/OS NetServer Advanced - Next start page within System i® Navigator. In general, the guest user profile should have few authorities because the guest user is considered an untrusted user.

This thread ...