I get that the HMC has issues with heartbleed.

On the other hand does anyone have an HMC in a vulnerable position?

The ones I work on are inside protected networks on private segments.

On 4/22/2014 9:34 AM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:

From what I read and have been told by IBM
Only HMCs with code levels 777 or 778 are vulnerable.
The older HMCs with older code are safe. (776 or older)

777 and 778 used the newer version of openssl, which contained the vulnerability.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:08 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: OpenSSL Vulnerability Notice

Does this mean that my original HMC's will carry this vulnerability to the grave?

HMC V7R760 was the last release supported on models 7310-C04 and 7310-CR2.
Future HMC releases are not supported on C04 or CR2.

HMC Code Level
Version: 7 Build Level: 20130812.1 Serial Number: 103BC5A
Release: 7.6.0 Base Version: V7R7.6.0 Model Type: eserver xSeries 335
Service Pack: 3 BIOS: T2E139AUS

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E