Hi all,

How can I determine of a printer (to be specific, Ricoh Aficio MP C5000) supports IPDS? I am trying to configure a device with type *IPDS, I can start the writer, but when I try to print a spoolfile it stays in the "PND" status.

The message on the printer is "Connection with device XXXXX is being retried". When I use port 9100 the error code is 15 (The activation timer (ACTTMR) value configured for the device expired before the device was available.) and when I use port 5001 the error code is 22 (The device did not respond to a connection request.).

However, I am not sure if this printer supports IPDS and I have been trying to find this information on both the ricoh and ibm sites, but so far no luck. Is there any way I can find this out?

Erwin Donker

De disclaimer van toepassing op e-mail van de gemeente Den Haag vindt u op: