Issue reading from a work member in SQL

fixed

I use SQL for most of my file processing. In this instance, I am working on
an older style program that writes records to the work member. It is a cash
receipts program and the design is still batch. This is the KBM software.

When applying cash to an invoice, I have to read through all the members in
the file that have not been posted to the AR files to pick up any other
payments for the invoice being paid. Our customers do split payments on
their remittances and I have to show each line that is on the remittance on
the AR inquiry and statement.

Problem:

- I am using the create ALIAS to point to the members. This is
working.

- However, when reading the member, the records written to the
member are not available to be read by the program. It almost like I need to
use a FOED (force end of data).

- Whilst writing the records to the member, I am not able to use
QRY to display the records written to the member.

- As a result, I cannot calculate the amount due.

Does anyone have an idea what to do to be able to read the records in the
member?

TIA

Darryl Freinkel

Assignment 400 Group, Inc.

Tel: 770.321.8562 ext 111 | Fax 770.321.8562 | 2247 La Salle Dr, Marietta
GA, 30062, USA | PO Box 72556, Marietta, GA 30007-2556