Processors Configured in Even Numbers

fixed

Someone I work with told me he heard in a conference years ago that processors should be configured in even numbers for performance reasons. For example we have a system with .5 processors. He said it should be .6 processors. I spoke with my business partner and he had not heard of this but was interested to know why the statement was made. It is possible that this person misunderstood what was said at the conference or it is no longer valid. Has anyone heard of this?

Becky Bakutis

Republic Services
W: 480.627.2760