RE: MIDRANGE-L Digest, Vol 13, Issue 525

fixed

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014 16:50:41, Eric DeLong wrote:

How did you define "field"? If it is NOT varchar (or DDS Varying), then
the trim will be ineffective, due to >the fixed length default behavior of
padding blanks.

Hmm, unfortunately it's not Varying so I may have to resort to a small rpg
program where I can get the data into a varying field and do the string
manipulation.

Thanks...