Re: Weird problems with MMAIL

fixed

James:

Google search for "QGATE ibm as/400 gateway" (without quotes) ...

The first link returned should be:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Miscellaneous/Q_25354161.html

This thread says that for some reason the DNS system was unable to resolve the address (of where to send the e-mail to).

HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 4/2/2014 8:38 PM, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
Fellow Midrange Geeks:

Anybody know what "QGATE@<server>.<domain>" could be, in the context of
a bounce message resulting from something sent from an AS/400?

We got some bounces on messages we sent through MMAIL from our monthly
invoicing system, that we were then able to successfully resend
manually, and I've already asked Mr. Perotti about it, and it doesn't
make a lot of sense to him, either.

The bounces seem to conform to the following pattern (I've censored the
actual email addresses to "sender@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" and
"recipient@xxxxxxxxxx"):