From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 7:40 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QZDASOINIT prestart job tuning

I think you're missing something somewhere...

My understanding is that when a job is reused, it is reset. This should
include the library list.

Sounds like you've got a connection pool on the app side that isn't
actually releasing the job for reuse on the i side. Note that this also
means that changing reuse to 1, won't have an effect.

And the connection pool isn't handling the differences in connection
properties right.

I've heard of funny issues when you inadvertently have multiple layers of
connections pools. For example, connection pools in a Java app itself
along with another layer of connection pools in the application server.