How to force CPF1241 on specific jobs

fixed

I am trying to compare run times and CPU usage for some jobs as part of
debug. When the jobs is submitted from the JOBSCDE scheduler, I get a
CPF1241 ending message in the QHST log. When I submit the job
interactively, I don't get that message when the job completes, and so miss
out on the information that is in the CPF1241 message for that job.

What causes a job to post the CPF1241 completion message in QHST? I have
tried several things to force it, and have had mixed results. I have
searched the information center and have not found what I am looking for.

I don't want to turn on job accounting yet, but it might come to that.
Does anyone have sample program to extract run and performance info from
job accounting and/or the completed normally messages?

Jim Essinger
Western Power Sports
Boise, ID