On 26-Mar-2014 12:33 -0700, CRPence wrote:
<<SNIP>>
There is another doc reference [based on a KB item or Info APAR I
wrote long ago] that describes that the files appearing in DSPDBR
RCDFMT(*ALL) but which do not also appear in DSPDBR RCDFMT(*NONE)
will be re-created as part of the ALTER request. I am sure I have
posted a link to that in the past; I have no yet performed a web
search to find it.

The following web search did not yield exactly what I had hoped, but did reveal the old APAR from which the docs should have been updated; and a search of that APAR number was also not fruitful:

<https://www.google.com/search?q=%22dspdbr%22+%22rcdfmt%22+%22alter+table%22>

In the results of that search:

<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc/jDN_SQ9iRWY/qBL9bauvRFMJ>
"APAR= SA67752
To determine the logical files that will be <or have been>
changed to match the changes in the physical file, the
request to DSPDBR RCDFMT(*ALL) on the physical file will
provide a list of those logical files.
-
The list of logical files listed in DSPDBR MBR(*NONE) on
the physical file will show all affected files.
-
The list of files obtained as a result of the exclusion of
the latter list <ie. MBR(*NONE)> from the former list <ie.
RCDFMT(*ALL)>
is the list of files which will not reflect changes to the physical
file.
..."

Another post in the above message thread from USENET [maintained in google groups]:
"

"