I am not sure of the correct terms and definitions, but I am trying to find a way for users to enter their user id and password into the gray sign on box of client access, and avoid the 5250 green screen sign on menu.

It does not seem to matter if I check bypass sign on and/or auto reconnect.

The windows (xp or 7) password is NOT the ibm i password.

On my PC, I run 5 sessions and the first one or two, I sign in twice. The last 3 do not require the green screen sign on . I can't find any parameters that are different and I am guessing the credentials get cached after the first sign on or something like that. All other users only run 1 session.

I check ops nav and all I could find there is the ability to change the user name.