DUPTAP outside BRMS

fixed

I have ten LTO 2 cartridges used for long term storage/retrieval of Robot/REPORTS items. We do not have Robot/Save, but the native commands savobj and rstobj work fine. Robot/REPORTS has a database that keeps track of each report along with its volid. We have BRMS installed and the cartridges are in a media class just for organizational reasons. Now my dilemma is we will be going live with HA in a few weeks. I need to figure out a way to duplicate the ten cartridges using the same volid's so these can be sent to the city that houses our HA machine.

I spoke with Help Systems and they offered a rather cumbersome process which is plan B. They also told me that Robot/Save has an exit that can be removed when duplicating outside of their product using the same volid's. They thought BRMS may have such an exit. They were helpful in giving me ideas. When I tried to inztap a cartridge with an existing volid that was used for Robot/REPORTS I received a message that the volid has not been expired. This tells me BRMS has it's hooks somewhere. Is there a way to duplicate cartridges using the same volid?

Becky Bakutis

Republic Services
W: 480.627.2760