Touche!
LOL

Norm Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Friday, 21 March 2014 12:40 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: RAID 6 rebuild time - can I slash it?

I write really efficient code. :)

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM, DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With those I/O numbers yes 0% is correct!

Take drive 1 with only 3.4 average requests per second averaging 7K
it's seriously loafing.

With numbers like these RAID-6 will likely have little effect. As you
say though the 5 hour time means these numbers are averaged to mush.
The
10 minute slice is better. Your idea to do this during billing is
also a good one. You might actually find a time slice where a minor
slowdown could occur. :-)

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com