MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive



Home » MIDRANGE-L » March 2014

Re: DST - Invalid time stamp on E-mail sent to Exchange



fixed

First question, why did you need to change anything manually? The OS
(since v5r4 or maybe 6.1) will change automatically if setup properly

Second question, did you change the time in restricted state? If not, I'm
wondering if you've got some jobs that were running prior to the change and
still have the old info. You could try bouncing the services...

Charles


On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Graap, Kenneth <Kenneth.Graap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

I changed our systems to PDT on Sunday.

The current system settings are:

System value . . . . . : QUTCOFFSET
Description . . . . . : Coordinated universal time offset


Offset . . . . . . . . : -07:00 -24:00 to +24:00



System value . . . . . : QTIMZON
Description . . . . . : Time zone


Time zone . . . . . . : QN0800PST2 Name


Associated settings:
Offset . . . . . : -07:00
Full name . . . : Pacific Daylight Time
Abbreviated name : PDT



3/11/14 12:59:29 S02 Display Time Zone Time - TAA
Time zone abbrev - PST
Time zone text - Pacific Daylight Time
Time zone - QN0800PST2
DST allowed - *YES
DST active - *YES
Offset from GMT - 420- in minutes
Date - 03/11/14
Day of week - TUE
Time - 12:59:29

I noticed something interesting when sending e-mail to our Exchange
Server… Mail is being delivered with a sent time of 1 hour earlier than the
actual time.

At first I thought this was IBMi system related. However, when I use the
SNDDST system command to send an e-mail, it arrives in my Exchange e-mail
inbox with the correct “sent time”:

SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET((Kenneth.Graap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)<mailto:
Kenneth.Graap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)>) DSTD('Testing 1 2 3') LONGMSG('This is a
test using SNDDST')

Here are the Internet Headers associated with this SNDDST e-mail.

Received: from S02.GASCO.COM (172.17.0.181) by
anonymous-OPSXHUB1.gasco.com
(172.17.0.184) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 14.3.158.1; Tue, 11 Mar 2014
13:07:28 -0700
Received: by S02.GASCO.COM (IBM OS/400 ANYMAIL/400 MIME V5R4M0) Tue, 11
Mar
2014 13:07:30 -0700
MIME-Version: 1.0
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:07:30 -0700 <-- Notice the time is correct,
13:07:30
Message-ID: <10A767R1403111307300000006437@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:
10A767R1403111307300000006437@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Testing 1 2 3
Sensitivity: none
Priority: normal
Importance: normal
From: <KEG@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:KEG@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
X-From-OFFICEVISION: <KEG S02 >
To: <Kenneth.Graap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Kenneth.Graap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="PART.BOUNDARY.1"
Return-Path: KEG@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:KEG@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthSource: OPSXHUB1.gasco.com
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Anonymous


When I immediately sent another e-mail not using the SNDDST command…

Send Spool Mail (SNDSPLMAIL)

Type choices, press Enter.

Spooled file name . . . . . . . FILE > QN0800PST2
Job name . . . . . . . . . . . . JOB > QPRTJOB
User . . . . . . . . . . . . . > KEG
Number . . . . . . . . . . . . > 144532
Spooled file number . . . . . . SPLNBR > 179
Transform to perform . . . . . . TRANSFORM *TXT
To (recipient): TOSMTPNAME
*CURRENT

…you will notice that the e-mail is delivered with a “sent time” that is
one hour earlier than it should be:

Here are the Internet Headers associated with this e-mail:

Received: from S02.GASCO.COM (172.17.0.181) by
anonymous-OPSXHUB1.gasco.com
(172.17.0.184) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 14.3.158.1; Tue, 11 Mar 2014
13:07:33 -0700
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:07:34 -0700 <--Notice the time is 12:07:34
From: <KGRAAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:KGRAAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: File: QN0800PST2 Job: QPRTJOB System: S02
To: <KGRAAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:KGRAAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Message-ID: <10A767RQACX0MMK1M3105401394568453.906992@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:10A767RQACX0MMK1M3105401394568453.906992@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Gumbo Software Inc. - SpoolMail V2R8M0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="PART.BOUNDARY.1"
Return-Path: KGRAAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:KGRAAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthSource: OPSXHUB1.gasco.com
X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Anonymous


What could possibly be causing this to happen? Everything “time related”
seems to be set correctly on our system???

I thought it might have something to do with the QLOCALE system value, but
changing that didn’t make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?


Kenneth
AKA … 肯尼思 or 케네스
Kenneth E. Graap
System Administrator
503.226.4211 x5537
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kennethgraap




--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.








Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact