From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Cagle
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2014 7:10 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New public IP address not working

First off, I'm a one-man IT shop, and networking is NOT my specialty, AND my normal network consultant is busy dealing with another customer's emergency already - so I'm grasping at straws here:

My ISP just assigned me a block of new IP addresses with our latest upgrade, so I had to assign a new public IP for the System i.

Made the changes to the firewall, and thought all was well; all I had to do was change the public IPs from old to new - but now I'm unable to connect to the System i remotely.

You would think this would be a firewall issue, but I've poured over this Sonicwall and all the routing looks correct to me. I've even confirmed with the ISP that the IP is routed correctly on their end.

Is there any TCP setting on the i that would be related to a public IP address? I've gone through the CFGTCP options and all I see is the local IP and domain referenced. (I'm able to connect to my desktop remotely via TeamViewer)

Thanks

Bob Cagle
IT Manager
Lynk, Inc.