1) I'm the user that Jeff Bull is referring to.
2) Rob's suggestion - Entering WRKREGINF EXITPNT(QIBM_QTMF_*) and using option 8 shows no exit programs on any of the Lines.
3) Tried WRKFCNUSG and the result is several screens of information that I don't understand - any help in what to look for Evan?
4) Scott's question - entered WRKFCNUSG FCNID(QIBM_QTMF*) - again a long list of functions - What to look for.
5) Also, Evan. We tried two modes in the passive area of their software and same result.
6) Evan - our network guys assure us that ports 20 and 21 are open with no restrictions.
Jeff is not on our system so I pretty much have to be the eyes in this situation.
And we're 6 hours apart - Jeff in England and I'm in Wisconsin. Bit of a challenge.
Thanks everyone for your continuing help.
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some of the smaller countries are neutral. -- Robert Orben (comedy writer)
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 12:46 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: TCP3C8A Operation not authorised
Well, the usual questions that apply when discussing FTP:
1 - Are there any programs shown in WRKREGINF EXITPNT(QIBM_QTMF_*), 8=Work with exit programs There might be a "security exit point program" in place that has some unique conditions that only affect this person. I've written some from scratch - it's possible.
2 - Anything interesting in iNav's area that also does roughly the same thing? If you need help hunting down the area of iNav that handles this, let me know.
IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
Kendallville, IN 46755
From: "Jeff Bull" <jeff.nyco@xxxxxxx>
To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'"
Date: 03/06/2014 01:33 PM
Subject: TCP3C8A Operation not authorised
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
TCP3C8A Diagnostic 30 03/06/14 11:08:32.145896 QTMFCLIE
QTCP *STMT QTMFCLIE QTCP *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . :
From procedure . . . . . . :
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 351
To module . . . . . . . . . :
To procedure . . . . . . . : main
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 658
Message . . . . : Operation not
Recovery . . . : See your system
administrator or security officer.
I have a remote user trying to use an FTP script, for ALL the other remote
users it logs onto my server, PUTs a file on my system and QUITs.
This one user gets this message in their joblog when they try to do the
exact same thing ... five attempts than abends.
I have googled the TCP3C8A but the webpage that comes up is less use than
I need a large can of inspiration if someone can supply?