Re: SF99711 ALL PTF GROUPS EXCEPT CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE

fixed

On 3/4/2014 1:02 PM, fbocch2595@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Folks, what's the consensus on installing grpptf's using SF99711? Any issues, recommendations, problems or gotcha's that you can share about using SF99711 instead of installing single grpptf's?

In the past, my internet connexion at work was flakier than my home
connexion. So I developed the strange habit of downloading individual
group PTFs at home, burning them to DVDs and carrying them to work.
Where I copied them onto a virtual DVD and applied them en masse.

When SF99711 came out, I decided to try it at work, and it went fine.
One big download, but I left it running all night so I don't know how
long it actually took. It loaded and applied the same as if I'd put all
the individual groups on a virtual DVD, so there was no difference in
that respect.

There still might be PTFs that you want / need but aren't included in
the omnibus edition. That hasn't changed either - often enough there's
some PTF that provides some new function but hasn't made it to a group yet.
--buck