Re: transition from RPGLE to Java

fixed

On 3/6/2014 11:11 AM, J Franz wrote:
We are a multiplatform shop, but so far all the Power i developers are only RPGLE.
Our parent corp is a java based shop, and in some shared projects we need to participate
in the development,

While we midrangers are tempted to use RDi for Java development, if you
want to participate in a larger corporate effort, you might consider
using whatever they're using. This will almost certainly involve change
management as well as the development IDE. Which might be Eclipse, but
probably a more current version than the one RDi is based on.

There's no real need to use one IDE for both RPG and Java, and in fact
it might make more sense to use a Java-specific IDE for Java and an
RPG-specific IDE like RDi for RPG.

--buck