Re: Subversion and RPG source change management

fixed

Aaron and I found that there were not enough people interested in contributing to a project. Too bad for all of us :-)

Possible options:
Use the RDI development environment and iProjects. You can hook that up to SVN, but now your core projects would have to live off the i. Klunky.

Roll your own approach. Not for the faint of heart :-)

I wrote something that captures a source member copy at edit open time from either SEU or RDI.

Daily I have a program to look for source member changes in the archive and in my libraries and those get committed.

Hybrid to be sure and probably could be busted with effort but it works in my shop.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 8
date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 23:20:20 -0500
from: Jack Callahan <jjcllhn@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Subversion and RPG source change management

Pretty sure that was an Aaron Bartell project at one point in time.

http://mowyourlawn.com/SystemiSVN.html