When restoring multiple libraries (18) via an automated process from
LPAR A to LPAR B, RSTLIBBRM failed with a CPI321E, File SAVLF02C in
library TPAULT2 deferred because of reason code 1. Based-on file
SAVPF02 in library PAULT1 did not exist when SAVLF02C was being
created for the restore.
The reason for the failure is that the LF was not in the same library
as the PF on source LPAR A and the libraries on target LPAR B have
The automated process ends abnormally at this point with an
I added 2 changes to the automated process.
1) CPF0000 for the RSTLIBBRM with X-LIB LF (This allowed the
automated process to continue, even though there was a DFRID
2) Immediately following the RSTLIBBRM, I added QSYS/RMVDFRID
DFRID(*ALL). (This cleared the DFRID for all future RSTLIBBRM.
A future check I intend is to identify any X-LIB LF on source LPAR
A, move the LF to the same library as the PF, thus eliminating any
DFRID due to X-LIB LF.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact