Got an IBM email of new HIPER PTF package. Did SNDPTFORD and got 3 new
"MF" PTFs.

Behold this cover letter:

DISPLAY PTF DETAILS
Page 1
5770SS1 V7R1M0 100423
DILGARD 02/26/14 09:39:41 EST
Cover Letter
PTF/FIX #: MF58124 - Licensed Internal Code
LICENSED PROGRAM: 5770999
: : RELEASE : LEVEL : RECOMPILE : LIBRARY : MRI : APAR :
: IBM : : MIN/MAX : : : FEATURE: FIXED :
: : : : : : : :
: i : V7R1M0 : 00/00 : N : QSYS : NONE : MA43531 :
PRE/CO-REQUISITE PTF/FIX LIST
-----------------------------
REQ LICENSED PTF/FIX LEVEL
TYPE PROGRAM REL NUMBER MIN/MAX OPTION
---- -------- --- ------- ------- ------
NONE
NOTICE:
-------
Application of this PTF may disable or render ineffective programs that
use system memory addresses not generated by the IBM translator,
including programs that circumvent control technology designed to limit
interactive capacity to purchased levels. This PTF may be a
prerequisite
for future PTFs. By applying this PTF you authorize and agree to the
foregoing.
This PTF is subject to the terms of the 'IBM License Agreement for
Machine
Code', the terms of which were provided in a printed document that was
delivered with the machine.
SUBJECT TO ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CAN NOT BE EXCLUDED OR EXCEPT AS
EXPLICITLY
AGREED TO IN THE APPLICABLE LICENSE AGREEMENT OR AN APPLICABLE SUPPORT
AGREEMENT, IBM MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON INFRINGEMENT,
REGARDING THE PTF.
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM FIXED FOR APAR 'MA43531' :
Incorrect handling of a device or SAS failure may result in
SRC57B58151 SRC57BB8151 SRC57C38151 SRC57C48151
An array failure during a cache flush may result in an
SRC57B58151 SRC57BB8151 SRC57C38151
Parity updates may get out of sync between dual storage IOAs
resulting in possible SRC57B59041 SRC57C39041 SRC57C49041
SRC57BB9041
False error condition detected when operating in a cache full
condition and encountering a SAS recoverable event, may result
in
DISPLAY PTF DETAILS
Page 2
5770SS1 V7R1M0 100423
DILGARD 02/26/14 09:39:41 EST
SRC57B58151 SRC57BB8151 SRC57C38151 SRC57C48151
Multiple error logging enhancements
Multiple adapter servicability enhancements
Adapter error recovery enhancements in dual storage IOA
configurations
Multiple error recovery enhancements
CORRECTION FOR APAR 'MA43531' :
-------------------------------
Apply PTF
CIRCUMVENTION FOR APAR 'MA43531' :
----------------------------------
None.
ACTIVATION INSTRUCTIONS :
-------------------------
None.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS :
----------------------
This PTF will be automatically permanently applied.
THE FOLLOWING ARE SUPERSEDED SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS. IF THE SUPERSEDED
PTF HAS ALREADY BEEN APPLIED AND ITS SPECIAL INSTRUCTION FOLLOWED,
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO FOLLOW THAT SPECIAL INSTRUCTION AGAIN.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUPERSEDED PTF MF57498:
This PTF will be automatically permanently applied.
Apply Fix
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUPERSEDED PTF MF57034:
This PTF will be automatically permanently applied.
This fix is activated during the next IPL of the system after
the PTF has been applied.
After this PTF is applied, a SAVSYS should be done to create
a new recovery media which includes this fix.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUPERSEDED PTF MF53963:
This PTF will be automatically permanently applied.
This fix is activated during the next IPL of the system after
DISPLAY PTF DETAILS
Page 3
5770SS1 V7R1M0 100423
DILGARD 02/26/14 09:39:41 EST
the PTF has been applied.
DEFAULT INSTRUCTIONS :
----------------------
THIS PTF CAN BE APPLIED IMMEDIATE OR DELAYED.
SUPERSEDES
PTF/FIX NO(S). APAR TITLE LINE
--------------
MF57597 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF57498 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF57034 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF56493 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF56192 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF56071 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF55904 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF55656 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF55307 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF55159 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF54788 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF54697 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF54619 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF54385 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF54219 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF53963 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF53617 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF52781 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
MF52513 INCORROUT-HLIC-94XXMSDC
* * * * * E N D O F L I S T
I N G * * * * *

I don't believe this has anything to do with the hard drive failures I'm
having because

1) I think it's for SAS drives (just a guess) and I'm pretty sure mine are
all SCSI
2) I don't get any of those source reference codes

OTOH, it does say "parity updates" in this cover letter and SNDPTFORD
evidently thinks I need it.

Thought I would ask.