Joe:

If you just enclose the values in single quotes, in CL, they will be compiled and passed "as is" and not be translated to all uppercase. For example, if you have something like:

CALL PGM(*LIBL/PGMNAME) PARM(Parms26)

the CL compiler will translate the "value" of "Parms26" to "PARMS26" at compile-time.

But, if the same statement is coded as:

CALL PGM(*LIBL/PGMNAME) PARM('Parms26')

then the CL compiler will leave the value "Parms26" alone and it will be passed correctly.

If you prompt the CALL command in SEU, you can see when this happens, so you will know when you need to insert single quotes.

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 2/12/2014 11:17 AM, jmurfitt@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All,

I need an easy way to convert parms passed by a CL program from ALL uppercase to mixed? Keep 2 things in mind, I am not a programmer although I can write simple programs and also this is an example of what I need to do. Convert PARMS26 to Parms26.

Thanks,

Joe Murfitt