MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive



Home » MIDRANGE-L » February 2014

Re: Transferring a CSV file to i5



fixed

Have you tried DTAFMT as *DLM and then STRDLM as *DBLQUOTE
and FLDDLM s/b ','
Usually works for me.







From: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 02/10/2014 05:06 PM
Subject: Re: Transferring a CSV file to i5
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx



On 10-Feb-2014 14:46 -0800, Gary Kuznitz wrote:
I'm trying to transfer a .CSV file to an i5.

I tried using this cmd:
CPYFRMIMPF FROMSTMF('/home/garyt/LU127720140115.csv') +
TOFILE(KDICHANGES/AUDITCSV) +
MBROPT(*REPLACE) RCDDLM(*CRLF) +
ERRRCDFILE(KDICHANGES/AUDITERORS +
AUDITERORS) ERRRCDOPT(*REPLACE)
I'm getting this error:
Message ID . . . . . . : CPF2885 Severity . : 30
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 02/10/14 Time sent . : 14:35:04
Message . . . . : Field Definition or Error file AUDITERORS in
KDICHANGES not allowed.
Cause . . . . . : File AUDITERORS in KDICHANGES is not the correct
file type for the copy command.
-- The Copy From Import File (CPYFRMIMPF) command require a source,
DDM, program described physical, or externally described physical
file for the Field Definition File (FLDDFNFILE) and the Error Record
File (ERRRCDFILE).
Recovery . . . : Do one of the following to change the file name on
the parameter and try the request again: -- Specify the correct file
type on the FLDDFNFILE, or ERRRCDFILE parameter.

I have the TOFILE created as:

R AUDITMEM
----------------------
SSN 4
MBRTYPE 4
NAME 35
SEQNUM 9
ADRSLN1 35
CITY 35
STATE 2
ZIP 5
ENRDT 8
The file is 130chs long.

I have created an error file called AUDITERORS

I have created the error file as:

R AUDITMEM
----------------------
RECORD 200

It has a member.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with the type of the
error file?
Or what I am doing wrong?


I only ever remember using source-physical-files for the Error Record
File (ERRRCDFILE); possibly I had also used on occasion, a
program-described if I intended for no character translations. I would
suggest trying instead of the CRTPF KDICHANGES/AUDITERORS MBR(*FILE)
SRCFILE(source-for-AuditErors), for which the failure transpires, to use
the following as output for the error records:
CRTSRCPF KDICHANGES/AUDITERORS MBR(*FILE) RCDLEN(212)






Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact