On 10-Feb-2014 15:16 -0800, broehmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

CRPence on 02/10/2014 05:06 PM wrote:

On 10-Feb-2014 14:46 -0800, Gary Kuznitz wrote:
I'm trying to transfer a .CSV file to an i5.

I tried using this cmd:
CPYFRMIMPF FROMSTMF('/home/garyt/LU127720140115.csv') +
TOFILE(KDICHANGES/AUDITCSV) +
MBROPT(*REPLACE) RCDDLM(*CRLF) +
ERRRCDFILE(KDICHANGES/AUDITERORS +
AUDITERORS) ERRRCDOPT(*REPLACE)
I'm getting this error:
Message ID . . . . . . : CPF2885 Severity . : 30
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 02/10/14 Time sent . : 14:35:04
Message . . . . : Field Definition or Error file AUDITERORS in
KDICHANGES not allowed.
<<SNIP>>

I have created an error file called AUDITERORS

I have created the error file as:

R AUDITMEM
----------------------
RECORD 200

It has a member.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with the type of the
error file?
Or what I am doing wrong?

I only ever remember using source-physical-files for the Error
Record File (ERRRCDFILE); possibly I had also used on occasion, a
program-described if I intended for no character translations. I
would suggest trying instead of the CRTPF KDICHANGES/AUDITERORS
MBR(*FILE) SRCFILE(source-for-AuditErors), for which the failure
transpires, to use the following as output for the error records:
CRTSRCPF KDICHANGES/AUDITERORS MBR(*FILE) RCDLEN(212)

Have you tried DTAFMT as *DLM and then STRDLM as *DBLQUOTE
and FLDDLM s/b ','
Usually works for me.

Presumably that response was meant to be directed to the OP, not to my reply to the OP.?

Anyhow, the DTAFMT(*DLM) STRDLM(*DBLQUOTE) FLDDLM(*COMMA) are the defaults; assuming the command string in the OP is not affected by changed command defaults, that already was the request. Regardless, those parameters play no role in the error message; i.e. the error msg CPF2885 is a failure of the Copy From Import File (CPYFRMIMPF) command invocation prior to any data ever being read from the FROMSTMF() [or FROMFILE()].