So I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

$ ioslevel

I've got a IBM I partition, that I've just created. Total fresh install.

It boots, I get the language prompt, etc. I get to the main menu --- so I
know its seeing the ISO I supplied.

Whatever I give it - I get this error:

Install Licensed Internal Code - Error

A device could not be selected to be the load source.

Return to Dedicated Service Tools and run diagnostics
to determine why a device could not be selected.
Correct the problem and install the Licensed Internal Code

Any idea how to trouble shoot this? The CD comes up under DST --

Work with Optical Devices

System: X
Type option, press Enter.

1=Select 2=Deselect 5=Display details

Resource Serial

Option Name Type Model Number Selected

OPT01 632C 002 00-00000 *

Any idea where to start? Driving me nuts.