YiPS Git Install

fixed

I was trying to follow the instructions on installing git found on the YiPs site (http://174.79.32.155/wiki/index.php/PASE/Git) and I must have screwed up (misunderstood).

When I ran wwwinstallgit.sh it replaced files in /usr/bin and /usr/lib (which is a link to /QOpenSys/usr/lib). I am trying to figure out if that was the intended function or not. In the past it seems the AIX binaries went into /opt/freeware as to not replace the distributed binaries and libraries.

I believe the last time I did an RPM install was when we were on V5R4 and now we are on V7R1, so perhaps things have changed. Currently if I go open a QP2TERM session and try to run curl it gets a dependency error and that has me a little worried since PHP uses CURL (so far so good though- no PHP crashes).

I am having a backup restored so I can figure out what was replaced, but I am hoping someone from the YiPs group is around to help me figure out what went wrong so I can learn from this and not screw it up in the future.

Thanks for the help,
Matt