I appreciate the link but I am more or less verifying I understand what I have read before I jump into this and waste a lot of time. I more or less understand how Kerberos works and I have read through several documents on how to set this up. What I am trying to determine now is if the end result I expect is reality.

Again, we primarily want this to help us with IFS access. More specifically, we would like to move some files off the IFS to a Windows file server. The key is we still need access to those directories via QNTC. This worked fine before we had an Active Directory but now it is a headache and we deal with a lot of "access denied" messages. We want to simplify this. We want our Active Directory to know that user profile JOHNS is actually domain user JSMITH so JOHNS is able to read and write to shared folders that JSMITH has access to. I think EIM will take care of that for us.

Still, with people saying "this works" and "this does not", now I am wondering if I have missed something.

On 2/20/2014 12:47 PM, Gary Thompson wrote:
Matt, maybe this link helps: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg246975.html

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt Lavinder
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:01 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: EIM Domain and SSO

Does EIM do anything for IFS access? That is the biggest reason we are exploring this. We need the mainframe to access windows shares using QNTC and we thought EIM would allow Windows to link IBM user profiles to domain users. We may even need to map some system users to an appropriate domain user. I am not sure if any of that is possible, so I thought I had better verify before I waste a lot of time.

Also, I thought I had read that you could not log into profiles (on the IBM i) that have SSO enabled. Is that true? The tutorials do not seem to indicate that is the case. I am getting the impression it is optional.