MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive



Home » MIDRANGE-L » January 2014

Problems with an overlay



fixed

Back in April, I generated an overlay that we've been using ever since, for printing invoices to PDFs, then emailing them to customers: printing it on my WinDoze box to (so far as I can recall) "Generic InfoPrint 300dpi AFP" as an overlay, full-color.

Now, I've been asked to make a small change in the overlay. I've made the change, but now, the new overlays are coming up WONKY:

The new PDFs look like the overlay has been VERY CRUDELY scaled to 105%, with scaling artifacts all over the place. The colors are about the only thing coming out right.

The only clue I've found is that the InfoPrint output (overlay source) files from April (I kept all major iterations) were 460k to 473k, while the biggest InfoPrint output file I've generated today has been around 320k.

As David Hedison would say, "HELLLLLPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

--
JHHL





Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact