Zach
Norm Dennis

----- Reply message -----
From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Anybody here know anything about Mimix?
Date: Fri, Jan 31, 2014 05:08

Didn't think about the object locks on the target system.
Normally there shouldn't be any. When we do our backups on the target
system we do quiesce Mimix and restart it upon completion, and time audits
accordingly.
We also do not do queries on our target system. Although I hear that's a
popular option. Get some processor utilization out of your target system
by making it your read only query beast.
Hard to figure out what else could be doing the locking.