On 30-Jan-2014 09:47 -0800, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:
I have a file that is 'txt' not PF. Can I make a logical DDS LF on

Do explain; e.g. how is the PF created and populated [and with what data], and how must the data be keyed? Is the PF a source-PF created with CRTSRCPF; that is what normally is called a "text file" on the IBM i? If so, then yes, a keyed source-LF can be created [with specific limitations], though the PF could be created keyed too or instead. There is also the Open Query File (OPNQRYF) which can create an ODP that can provide ordered data in place of a Logical File.

If not, how can I make an key index on a view?

No. An INDEX only can be created over the physical data. But a SELECT query that is encapsulated in a VIEW may take advantage of an existing keyed access path [e.g. may implement with that INDEX used to enhance its ability to select the desired ata] when the VIEW is opened; yet the collation remains undefined without an SQL ORDER BY having been specified on a SELECT query used to perform that open [or again, an ODP for an OPNQRYF using KEYFLD() could be used instead].