Re: Common Display File (Header + File-level Keywords)

fixed

On 1/30/2014 1:17 AM, CRPence wrote:
The available F-keys can be compiled into the DSPF as file-level keywords, yet coded with option indicators, thus enabling the program to determine\control each CFnn that will be available with each format; i.e. they can be compiled in the DDS *and* the RPG can set which are active. And those same indicators could control what would be the corresponding text and help for those keys in any record format. Although given the probable difficulty in arranging text for all desired function keys into distinct locations, the program might instead formulate the text for the function keys [e.g. from messages] along with setting its choice of available keys for the presented format(s).

In a previous life (i.e., at SSA) this is exactly what we did. We actually had two routines, one which formatted the command key prompt strings and one which formatted the option strings (e.g., 2=Change, 3=Copy) across the top for our Work With type screens. They evolved to become smart enough to determine whether F23=More options or F24=More keys were needed and add those to the format strings as necessary.

Joe