From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:33 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: visual explain help

On 1/28/14 10:30 AM, Buck Calabro wrote:
On 1/28/2014 12:56 PM, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
I can't even remember how to run a query interactively from iNav. (I
think everybody here knows how little I use the damned thing!)

I don't use Navigator all that much myself, but I run SQL statements
with it almost every day. How?

I use Windows Explorer and double click IFS files with the .sql
extension. That pops up the 'Run SQL Scripts' window with my scripts
pre-filled. Ctrl-Y runs the one the cursor is on. If I do Options >
Allow Save Results, I can export the results as a .csv file, which
people love to get. (Right click the results and save away...)

To run the Visual Explain, right click your query, Visual Explain > Explain.

Yes. Just found "Run Sql Scripts." Kind of counter-intuitive name:
sounds like a way to run something that's canned, not something entered ad-hoc.

Uff-da.

--
JHHL