From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:29 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Usability tell

Gary,

If you compare the size of the one requisite browser with all of the thick-client apps totalled up, I think you'll see that the size of the browser is pretty thin, after all.

However, this is a completely moot point. Everyone has a browser (if not multiple browsers) on their PC or other device already. So the size of the browser is really a non-issue, since it's going to be there anyway.

Also, when you update applications that run in a browser, you don't have to update them on each PC. Not sure if you've ever written applications that run on PCs, and had to update every PC each time there was a change, and had to worry about some being out of date for a while until updates were applied, and all of the other complications of thick-client
software, but I have... it's not fun. And is not an issue with
browser-based software.