Just for testing purposes I created a 60GB partition ( all virtual ) with 6 10GB drives to see if the LIC and IBM i ( V7 ) would load. It did, so I think the limits are for "spinny" disk rather that virtualized disks. That said, I think my 60GB partition would be nearly full if I loaded all of the LPPs and PTFd them. It's been intimated by some IBMrs that 70GB may become a hard floor. If that's true then we need to look into Larry's idea to load up the first drive with the OS, then have at least 6 more drives of the size you need. Then set the 70GB drive to write only. Use only the other six or more drives..... of course pending a supported configuration....

See archives for a more in depth discussion......

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects