Philosophical question...define table to be load from external data with integer or decimal fields...

fixed

Philosophical question for you all...

I'm creating a new table to hold data received from an external source.

The specs given include

Name, Type/Length, Picture
MyFld, N/5, 9(5)

So MyField is a 5 digit number...

I could defined this as Packed/Zoned 5,0
Or I could use integer (or even small integer since the current number of
values is less than 1000)

Since I know DB2 and RPG for that matter perform best with integer, I'm
leaning that direction. But I can't help but think that Packed (5,0) is
more correct.

Thoughts?

Charles