I once thought of getting my own home machine. But I want the latest OS.
I wouldn't want one level behind. That's my personal preference and y'all
are entitled to your own. I would probably use a timeshare service.
As far as operations go, if a timeshare service allows me to IPL and apply
PTF's and what not I'm good with that.
I've not seen a single lpar machine in quite some time so the operations
aspect of watching numbers flash on the physical box versus on an hmc
holds little attraction.
I do so many OS upgrades, firmware upgrades, PTF's, etc remotely that,
again, the physical box on site buys me what?