Virtual terminal APIs to automate data entry?

fixed

I would like a utility or sample program to automate data entry into an existing application, most likely via the virtual terminal APIs. Does anyone have something like this they can share? Or has there been one published that can be downloaded?

The goal is to automate a large "data load" into some green screen applications. The initial pass will contain all the mandatory elements, most likely in an Excel spreadsheet, which I would upload and convert to a DB file. I want to have my program grab that data and populate the screen fields, press enter or any appropriate function keys.

TIA,

-mark