RE: Virtual terminal APIs to automate data entry?

fixed

It is ancient, but you can do this readily with VBA macros in the Excel spreadsheet using EHLLAPI in client access and other emulator packages. Load the EHLLAPI dll into the VBA and use the api's directly to write data to fields, press enter, hit command keys, and so on.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of M. Lazarus
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 1:42 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Virtual terminal APIs to automate data entry?

I would like a utility or sample program to automate data entry
into an existing application, most likely via the virtual terminal
APIs. Does anyone have something like this they can share? Or has
there been one published that can be downloaded?

The goal is to automate a large "data load" into some green screen
applications. The initial pass will contain all the mandatory
elements, most likely in an Excel spreadsheet, which I would upload
and convert to a DB file. I want to have my program grab that data
and populate the screen fields, press enter or any appropriate function keys.

TIA,

-mark