RE: best practice for web client updates to multiple tables

fixed

Rob, Mohammed is blocked from doing his update until Abdul is done with his transaction.

-----Original Message-----
From: rob@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:28 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: best practice for web client updates to multiple tables

As I read this I am interpreting this as the C# developer asking US why we think developing with commitment control is such a pain?
It really isn't. There are some stuff you have to take care of though.
- You must journal your data.
- You must properly maintain your journals.
- You have to code the COMMIT and ROLLBACK into your code.
- You have to decide whether or not to modify existing code to use commitment control.
- You have to fully understand the implications.

Implications include:
- Abdul updates the item balance on item X to 500 units from 417 units.
- Mohammed updates the item balance on item X to 495 units. (Sold some
perhaps.)
- Abdul issues a ROLLBACK.
What is the balance on item X?