HMC Virtual Ethernet VLAN id management

fixed

My Last 4 HMC/Virtual Ethernet issues were all due to VLAN id mismatches.
I'm looking for some good notes , tips for HMC VLAN id management.

First, confirming all the various uses for Virtual Ethernet, VLAN id, and which can / cannot be shared.
1)Virtual Line Descpitions for LPAR to LPAR comm (shared)
2)Virtual Line for Ethernet Bridge (shared)
3) SST LAN adapter for HMC network installs (not shared)
4) SST LAN adapter for remote virtual optical (not shared)
5) others?
Second, you cannot see the VLAN id from iSeries partition, so I'm thinking of making the VLAN id match the adapter id.
Do think IBM will ever add so you can see the VLAN id from i5/OS?
If this works, then if your displaying a CMN resource, adapter id equal VLAN id.
By default, virtual adapters 1 and 2 are usually serial.
Virtual Ethernet numbers usually will start at 3, 4, 5 etc.
So VLAN ID will be set to match the adapter number, 3,4,5,etc.

Third, I had a mismatch between the HMC profile VLAN id and the actual VLAN id, viewing through properties or DLPAR.
IPLing to fix the above did not correct the difference. Partition needed to be shutdown, activated via HMC.

Any thoughts from the group.

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz