After we upgrade to V7R1 we found that a number of old routines that used a combination of this will err out (see error below):

> CPYTOIMPF
> RUNSQLSTM
> QSH
> CHGDOCD
> CPYTOIMPF (failure occurs here)

A R)etry after some minutes allows the job to complete normally.

If we put a DLYJOB DLY(120) after the RUNSSQLSTM it completes normally.

The error has to do with the multi-threaded environment implemented in V7R1. There is no "fix" for this. Welcome to multi-threading.

Jerry

When running SQL or using user defined functions, the system will often spawn multiple threads to complete the request. At R710, these threads are left open longer to improve the performance of future calls to the same function or statement. This can cause failures if the job the runs any function or command that can not be ran in a job with multiple threads. Some examples these errors include:

msgCPE3524 Message . . . . : Function not allowed.
Cause . . . . . : Function is not allowed in a job that is running with
multiple threads.
msgCPF180B Message . . . . : Function &1 not allowed.
Cause . . . . . : Function &1 is not allowed in a job which has multiple
threads.
cpfa0d4 Message . . . . : File system error occurred. Error number 3524