From: "Darryl Freinkel" <dfreinkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/04/2013 07:48 AM
Subject: Program to read QSYSOPR message queue

I need an example or some help creating a program to read the messages in
QSYSOPR.

I have a program I wrote which uses RCVMSG, however, it only returns
messages that are COMPLETION messages. I cannot determine why it gets these
only. Help!.

RCVMSG MSGQ(&MSGQLIB/&MSGQ) MSGTYPE(*NEXT) MSGKEY(*TOP) WAIT(3) RMV
(*NO)
+

KEYVAR(&MSGKEYVAR) MSG(&MSGLVL1) MSGLEN(&MSGLEN)
MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) +

MSGID(&MSGID) SEV(&MSGSEV) RTNTYPE(&MSGRTNTYP)

It also does not start reading from the first message in the file. This may
be related to the above issue.

I would also like to get something like a RRN so that each time I read the
QUEUE, I can position the program at messages I have not processed.

TIA

Darryl Freinkel | Assignment 400 Group, Inc.

Tel: 770.321.8562 ext 111 | 678.355.8562

2247 La Salle Dr, Marietta GA, 30062, USA | PO Box 72556, Marietta, GA
30007-2556

E-mail: dfreinkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: www.assignment400.com <http://www.assignment400.com/>