RE: If everything is working fine, why do PTF's?

fixed

<snip>
Can you check your system and verify if Java Group PTF level 8 is
installed. This group PTF level contains JDK6032 SR10 (PTF's SI45555
and SI45463). Due to a Java incompatibility problem, these PTF's will
cause an upgrade to Sametime 8.5.2 IFR1 to fail.
</snip>

WRKPTFGRP PTFGRP(SF99572) PTFGRPLVL(*LATEST)
PTF Group Level Status
SF99572 14 Installed

The issue was from 6 ptf levels back. Now I suppose the birdie is in
Sametime's court? I'm just tired of playing the birdie. Let me guess,
"if only I'd upgrade to sametime 9.0.1...".