Re: SQL output to csv

fixed

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Gary Thompson <gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jon,
You got my attention also, but the link seems incomplete...
maybe you can re-post ?

http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/ibmi/developer/rpg/Getting-a-Handle-on-RPG%E2%80%99s-Open-Access/

The tricky character in the link is one of those slanted/curved right
single-quotes (for the apostrophe in "RPG's").

Since we're mentioning alternatives, I'll bring up again
iSeriesPython. Use SQL or RLA to access your physical file, use the
built-in CSV module to write out to IFS stream file. For my taste,
using SQL in Python is not as ugly as using it in RPG, and the CSV
module not as involved as Open Access. The whole thing would look
like

import csv, db2
connection = db2.connect()
c1 = connection.cursor()
c1.execute('select * from mylib.myfile')
with open('output.csv', 'wb') as f:
writer = csv.writer(f)
for row in c1.fetchall():
writer.writerow(row)

And you're done. Eight lines for the entire program.

John